There is no age restriction. We do make the following recommendations. Little children who are afraid of the dark may not find this haunted house a fun experience. We ask parents/guardians to use discretion when bringing children especially little children. We have created a very scary haunted castle with live actors whose sole purpose is to scare you. Even the real ghost go and hide.
Is the haunt tour wheelchair accessible?
Yes – the basement level is accessible to wheelchairs. A wheelchair person may purchase the student ticket. Please inform the parking attendant regarding wheelchair access. A wheelchair person will the shuttled to the Castle from the designated parking area. If others in your party wish to experience the full haunt on all three floors we will do our best to meet wheelchair person with the rest of the group when they arrive on the basement level.
Is there a charge for parking?
There is no charge for parking on the Preston Castle property. We have limited parking just outside our gate, and overflow parking nearby which will require a short walk to the main gate.
How long does the haunt tour last?
We estimate that the haunt tour would take approximately 25 to 35 minutes. The full haunt takes a person up and down many flights of stairs on three different floor levels.
Are there clothing restrictions?
We recommend wearing closed-toe shoes for comfort and safety. Long flowing/draping clothing is not recommended for touring this haunted attraction. Masks or any items that can restrict your ability to see or hear are not advised.
Can tickets be purchased at the gate?
Tickets will be available at the gate while supplies last. If you buy tickets at the gate you may have to wait in two lines (one to purchase the tickets and the other to enter the haunt). If you purchase tickets online you will receive an confirmation email with a bar code.
I bought my ticket online. Now what?
When you purchase online tickets, you will receive an email that includes a bar code. Print out that email and bar code and bring it with you to the castle. The bar code will be scanned to verify its validity before allowing you to enter the haunt or you may show the bar code on your smart phone.
What is a VIP ticket?
A VIP tickets allows a person to go through the haunt tour two times using a special waiting line. The special waiting line allows a person to go to the head of the line.
Can I request a refund?
We have a no refund policy. All tickets sales contribute to the restoration efforts of the Preston Castle.
Preston Castle Haunt Rules
- No photos or video will be allowed during the hours of the Haunt.
- No flashlights, phone lights or any type of lights are allowed.
- Do not slide or touch the walls. There are nails, slivers and wire protruding from some of the walls
- No smoking of any kind is allowed past the gate or in the castle. Lighters, matches and open flame are prohibited on the castle property. A designated smoking area is located outside the main gates.
- No running or horseplay is allowed in the haunt or on castle property.
- No weapons, dangerous items or illegal items are allowed on the property. Bags and purses will be searched before allowing you to enter the castle. Contraband will be confiscated, and/or you will be prohibited from entering the haunt.
- No alcohol is allowed on the property. Similarly, if you arrive intoxicated or otherwise impaired – or if you appear to be so – you will not be allowed to admission.
- We employ the use of surveillance video throughout the haunt, as well as officially authorized photographers and videographers. Your entry into the haunt signifies your consent to be photographed and/or recorded, and to use those photographs and/or recordings for future promotional use related to Preston Castle and the Preston Castle Haunt.
- Local police and fire department personnel will be on location to help us provide for a fun and safe environment and help us enforce the rules for everyone’s safety.